Monday Mar 07, 2022
Alien Literary Magazine - How to Make Your Submissions Stand Out
The co-editors in chief of Alien Literary Magazine join us to talk about two of their favorite pieces from a recent issue. We talk about the magazine’s reading process and two elements of craft that made these submissions stand out: momentum and juxtaposition.
- “Pilgrimage” by Brett Biebel in Alien Literary Magazine
- “Rave” by Esteban Rodriguez in Alien Literary Magazine
Other links from this week:
- Read essays and short stories published from our guest Matthew Hawkins here
- Read short stories published from our guest Claire Martin here
- Read Alien Lit Mag’s submission guidelines or buy a sticker and follow them on Twitter
Good Writing is a podcast where two MFA friends read like writers and lay out craft ideas for fellow writers to steal. Co-hosted by Emily Donovan and Benjamin Kerns.
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.